Welcome to the Mackenzie Valley Review Board
The Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board's mission is to conduct fair and timely environmental impact assessments in the Mackenzie Valley that protect the environment, including the social, economic and cultural well-being of its residents.
Our mission is to conduct fair and timely environmental impact assessments in the Mackenzie Valley that protect the environment.
The Review Board is releasing this Reference Bulletin in preparation for the effective implementation of the new MVRMA amendments
MVEIRB Contract Opportunities January 2021
Registration is now open for the 2021 Mackenzie Valley Resource Co-Management Workshop. The theme of the workshop is "Well-being and the MVRMA: Making good co-management decisions in the Mackenzie Valley". The workshop will take place from March 9-11, 2021. To register, please go to https://www.lands.gov.nt.ca/en/registration-form-formulaire-dinscription.
Engagement and Consultation
for Environmental Assessment and Impact Review Processes
during the COVID‐19 Pandemic
Pine Point Mining Limited
Pine Point Mine Project EA2021-01
- EA start-up presentation Pine Point Mine Project March 5, 2021 (Mar 4, 2021)
- Agenda - EA start-up meeting March 5, 2021 (Mar 1, 2021)
- Notice of Proceeding - scoping phase (Feb 19, 2021)
- Reasons for Decision to order an environmental assessment (Feb 12, 2021)
- Letter CIRNAC to MVEIRB re: participant funding (Feb 11, 2021)
Diavik Diamond Mines Inc.
- Decision Letter to MVEIRB for Diavik EA 1819-01 (Jun 5, 2020)
- GNWT and GoC letter to TG Re: Minister's Final Decision (Jun 5, 2020)
- GNWT and GoC letter to YKDFN Re: Minister's Final Decision (Jun 5, 2020)
- GNWT letter to MIM Re: Minister's Final Decision (Jun 5, 2020)
- GNWT and GoC letter to KIA Re: Minister's Final Decision (Jun 5, 2020)
Mackenzie Valley Highway EA1213-02
- Mackenzie Valley Highway Project Update (Jul 21, 2020)
- Letter from the Developer regarding the submission of the DAR (Nov 29, 2018)
- Letter of support for the project from the SSI (Nov 28, 2018)
- ECCC letter to MVEIRB - COSEWIC status of barren-ground caribou (Feb 15, 2017)
- MVH EA update letter from GNWT to MVEIRB (May 18, 2016)
Selwyn Chihong Mining Ltd.
Howard's Pass Access Road Upgrade Project EA-1516-01
- Letter from Liidlii Kue to Selwyn Chihong re need for meaningful consultation (Jul 31, 2020)
- Note to file - HPAR project update (Jun 11, 2020)
- HPAR CD_SLUPB Decision to Apply Rule 4 6(1)_07032017 (Mar 8, 2017)
- Note to File Meeting with Selwyn_12.05.2016 (May 13, 2016)
- Interim HPAR Upgrade Project Workplan (Mar 17, 2016)