Welcome to the Mackenzie Valley Review Board
The Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board's mission is to conduct fair and timely environmental impact assessments in the Mackenzie Valley that protect the environment, including the social, economic and cultural well-being of its residents.
Our mission is to conduct fair and timely environmental impact assessments in the Mackenzie Valley that protect the environment.
The Review Board is releasing this Reference Bulletin in preparation for the effective implementation of the new MVRMA amendments
MVEIRB Contract Opportunities January 2021
Engagement and Consultation
for Environmental Assessment and Impact Review Processes
during the COVID‐19 Pandemic
This is the final report from the Resource Co-management Workshop in the Mackenzie Valley Workshop 2020: Engagement and Consultation.
The workshop was held in February, 2020.
Pine Point Mining Limited
Pine Point Mine Project EA2021-01
- PPML cover letter re comments on draft ToR (Oct 8, 2021)
- Draft ToR - ORS table with party comments and developer responses (Oct 8, 2021)
- Letter from ECCC to MVEIRB re ss.79(1) Species at Risk Act notification (Sep 27, 2021)
- DTFN letter re comments on draft ToR (Sep 18, 2021)
- GNWT cover letter re comments on draft ToR (Sep 17, 2021)
Diavik Diamond Mines Inc.
- DDMI 2020 PKMW Project EA Annual Report (Jun 6, 2021)
- GNWT Annual EA Measures Report 2020 (Jun 4, 2021)
- Decision Letter to MVEIRB for Diavik EA 1819-01 (Jun 5, 2020)
- GNWT and GoC letter to TG Re: Minister's Final Decision (Jun 5, 2020)
- GNWT and GoC letter to YKDFN Re: Minister's Final Decision (Jun 5, 2020)
Mackenzie Valley Highway EA1213-02
- Letter GNWT Infrastructure to ENR re WMMP requirement (Sep 1, 2021)
- Wildlife Act Section 95(1) determination of the requirement for a WMMP (Aug 19, 2021)
- Mackenzie Valley Highway Project Update (Jul 21, 2020)
- Letter from the Developer regarding the submission of the DAR (Nov 29, 2018)
- Letter of support for the project from the SSI (Nov 28, 2018)
Selwyn Chihong Mining Ltd.
Howard's Pass Access Road Upgrade Project EA-1516-01
- Letter Selwyn Chihong to MVEIRB re pause in work (Mar 4, 2021)
- Letter from Liidlii Kue to Selwyn Chihong re need for meaningful consultation (Jul 31, 2020)
- Note to file - HPAR project update (Jun 11, 2020)
- HPAR CD_SLUPB Decision to Apply Rule 4 6(1)_07032017 (Mar 8, 2017)
- Note to File Meeting with Selwyn_12.05.2016 (May 13, 2016)