Welcome to the Mackenzie Valley Review Board
The Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board's mission is to conduct fair and timely environmental impact assessments in the Mackenzie Valley that protect the environment, including the social, economic and cultural well-being of its residents.
Our mission is to conduct fair and timely environmental impact assessments in the Mackenzie Valley that protect the environment.
The Review Board is developing draft Environmental Assessment Initiation Guidelines for Developers of Major Projects to describe the information needed to begin an environmental assessment. To review the draft Guidelines and for information on how to participate in the development process, please use the Online Review System accessible through this link.
The Review Board is proposing revisions to its Rules of Procedure for Environmental Assessment and Environmental Impact Review Proceedings May, 2005. An updated draft Rules of Procedure is now available for public review.
To review the draft Revised Rules of Procedure, please use the Online Review System accessible through this link.
This is the Save the Date invite for the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act (MVRMA) Workshop to be held February 26-28 in Inuvik, NT.
The Review Board has updated its Document Submission Standards.
Selwyn Chihong Mining Ltd.
Howard's Pass Access Road Upgrade Project EA-1516-01
- HPAR CD_SLUPB Decision to Apply Rule 4 6(1)_07032017 (Mar 8, 2017)
- Note to File Meeting with Selwyn_12.05.2016 (May 13, 2016)
- Review Board cover letter for the Terms of Reference (Mar 17, 2016)
- Interim HPAR Upgrade Project Workplan (Mar 17, 2016)
- Terms of Reference for the HPAR Upgrade Project EA (Mar 17, 2016)
Mackenzie Valley Highway EA1213-02
- Letter from the Developer regarding the submission of the DAR (Nov 29, 2018)
- Letter of support for the project from the SSI (Nov 28, 2018)
- ECCC letter to MVEIRB - COSEWIC status of barren-ground caribou (Feb 15, 2017)
- MVH EA update letter from GNWT to MVEIRB (May 18, 2016)
- Note to file - Issuance of revised Terms of Reference (Feb 13, 2015)
Tyhee NWT Corp.
Yellowknife Gold Project (2008) EA0809-003
- Notice of timeline requirements under 2014 MVRMA (Jun 26, 2014)
- Tyhee letter re :Suspension of EA (Aug 19, 2013)
- Letter to Tyhee re: adjournment request (Jul 25, 2013)
- Tyhee letter requesting a 6 month adjournment in the EA (Jul 23, 2013)
- Letter from Tyhee to Review Board re IR response timing (Jun 18, 2013)